Short answer: because some of us just want the flexibility of taking a node
down for maintenance and have enough safety built into the system that we don't
care if one node goes haywire.
I'll probably retract that statement the first time a node goes haywire in a
way that damages data.
My quorum connection is over the same network (bond0) as storage and client VM
I/O, so I'm trusting that if a node fails in a way that results in split-brain,
it'll be self-isolating anyway.
I could be wrong, but downtime is only an inconvenience for me right now, not
critical.
(Having said all that, I do use IPMI fencing because it's available.)
-Adam