On 2016-10-08 11:19 AM, Alain Péan wrote:

Le 07/10/2016 à 11:43, HK 590 Dicky 梁家棋 資科 a écrit :
anyone here have experience on migrate physical windows 2003 server to proxmox? i used a tools to "EaseUS Todo Backup Advanced Server " to covert physical server to .vmdk than a create new VM with vmdk format, and replace the windows 2003 server .vmdk file just created, but can't start up successful, i can see the Windows 2003 logo 2 seconds, than keep reboot..

any suggestion to migrate physical windows 2003 server to Proxmox ?

I won't do that, as windows 2003 server is no more supported by Microsoft, since at least July 2015.

I would create a new VM using windows 2008 R2 or 2012/2012 R2, join it to the AD domain, then promote it as AD controller, then demote the old server.

My two cents.

Alain

Can't do that unless you're running 2003R2. Straight 2003 can't be joined by much.

Gerald