On 9/20/19 3:04 PM, Chris Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva wrote:
* Aaron Lauterer <a.laute...@proxmox.com> [190920 14:58]:
Curious, I do have a very similar case at the moment with a slab of ~155GB,
out of ~190GB RAM installed.

I am not sure yet what causes it but things I plan to investigate are:

* hanging NFS mount

Okay, to rule storage issues out, this setup has:
- root filesystem as ext4 on GPT
- efi system partition
- two LVM PVs and VGs, with all VM storage in the second LVM VG
- no NFS, no ZFS, no Ceph, no fancy userland filesystems

* possible (PVE) service starting too many threads -> restarting each and
checking the memory / slab usage.

Do you have a particular service in mind?

Not at this point. I would restart all PVE services (systemctl| grep -e "pve.*service") one by one to see if any of it will result in memory being released by the kernel.

If that is not the case at least they are ruled out.

Chris