Dear all,

when installing PVE on our servers with 1 TB boot disk, the installer creates regular /root and swap LVs (ca. 100 GB in total) and the rest of the disk (800 GB) is used for a thin-provisioned LV named "data". Personally I don't like thin-provisioning and would like to get rid of it and have a "regular" LV instead. However I couldn't find a way to achieve this through the gui (PVE 6.1-3).

Did I miss some gui functionality or is it ok to remove the LV with regular lvm commands? Will I break something if I remove it? No VM/container has been installed so far. The hypervisors are freshly installed and they contain additional several internal disks which we plan to use for local storage/Ceph.

Cheers
frank