On 26/01/2020 14:14, Frank Thommen wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to destroy "old" Ceph monitors but they can't be deleted and also cannot be recreated:

I am currently configuring Ceph on our PVE cluster (3 nodes running PVE 6.1-3).  There have been some "remainders" of a previous Ceph configuration which I had tried to configure while the nodes were not in a cluster configuration yet (and I had used the wrong network).  However I had purged these configurations with `pveceph purge`.  I have redone the basic Ceph configuration through the GUI on the first node and I have deleted the still existing managers through the GUI (to have a fresh start).

A new monitor has been created on the first node automatically, but I am unable to delete the monitors on nodes 2 and 3.  They show up as Status=stopped and Address=Unknown in the GUI and they cannot be started (no error message).  In the syslog window I see (after rebooting node odcf-pve02):

------------
Jan 26 13:51:53 odcf-pve02 systemd[1]: Started Ceph cluster monitor daemon.
Jan 26 13:51:55 odcf-pve02 ceph-mon[1372]: 2020-01-26 13:51:55.450 7faa98ab9280 -1 mon.odcf-pve02@0(electing) e1 failed to get devid for : fallback method has serial ''but no model
------------

On the other hand I see the same message on the first node, and there the monitor seems to work fine.

Trying to destroy them results in the message, that there is no such monitor, and trying to create a new monitor on these nodes results in the message, that the monitor already exists.... I am stuck in this existence loop.  Destroying or creating them also doesn't work on the commandline.

Any idea on how to fix this?  I'd rather not completely reinstall the nodes :-)

Cheers
frank

In an attempt to clean up the Ceph setup again, I ran

  pveceph stop ceph.target
  pveceph purge

on the first node.  Now I get an

   rados_connect failed - No such file or directory (500)

when I select Ceph in the GUI of any of the three nodes. A reboot of all nodes didn't help.

frank