Hi Fabian,

thanks for your reply. I haven't tried  to use the 6.0 iso - sorry. I installed Debian Buster vanilla and added PVE-packages afterwards . At least this was working. To track down the reason is to difficult . These machines are reused to get online services like online class rooms for our students started. 6 TB of ram and 128 Cores each  - so it takes at least 20 min to boot them up.

Cheers,

Vadim