I've committed these changes to trunk ontop of the dbpf-onekeyval changes.

-sam

On Mar 31, 2006, at 10:21 PM, Murali Vilayannur wrote:

Hi,
Attached patch seems to pass all my (admittedly small) tests on both ppc64
and amd64.. Now we can run all combinations of  32 bit and 64 bit
pvfs2-client-core and pvfs2-servers interchangeably and things should work
correctly.
It also fixes a PINT_dist_decode bug that was causing server to crash with a seg-fault (Steps to reproduce, Run a 32 bit server and create the file
system with a few files. Stop it and rerun it as a 64 bit server and
simply typing ls will cause it to crash).
 The problem is that since
the original structure had different offsets for ->params, ->methods
PINT_dist_decode could not fix the pointers properly, and
PINT_dist_decode dereferenced ->dist_name with an unsigned long cast
instead of an int32_t.

 I fixed it by padding the PINT_dist structure to make it the
same size on both 32 and 64 bit platforms (just like the PVFS_sys_attr
structure and Trove_stored_attribute_ds structure).
This seems like the easiest solution to me. I am sure there are multiple
ways of doing it/with different schemes and I am open to doing it any
other way if people don't like this approach....

As an aside, many of the kernel.m4 tests don't detect kernel features
correctly on Paulo's ppc64 setup and I had to manually edit many things to get it to build... DOnt know what is the right way to fix them.. Attached
the config.log file...
Thanks,
Murali