Ah, Ok. That makes sense. I was thinking about the low water mark the wrong way.

-Phil

Sam Lang wrote:

On June 27, 2006, at 2:21PM, Phil Carns wrote:

Should the CoalescingLowWatermark config file parameter support "infinity" as a valid value, just as the CoalescingHighWatermark does?

If I understand correctly, one could turn off syncing altogether by setting both to infinity and disabling TroveSyncMeta. I think you can accomplish the same thing by using -1 as the value, but "infinity" is a little easier to understand.

Its actually a less-than check, rather than a less-than-or-equals. So the LowWatermark can be set to 0 if you never want to sync. If that seems counter intuitive I can change it to be infinity, but the low watermark acts as a lower bound, so setting it to infinity seems counter-intuitive to me.

-sam

-Phil