On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:48:49PM -0400, Bradley W Settlemyer wrote:
> Hello
>
>   The last 3 or 4 times that I've moved my work into sync with the head
> of the source tree, the head has been broken.  I want to be a little
> more cautious this time with my work -- I find a bunch of bugs, but they
> mostly turn out to not be due to my changes, and it takes me several
> days to figure out which bugs are from me vs. the tree.  What is the
> current status of the head?  Is it in a known good state, a thought to
> be good state, or a broken state?

Hey brad

I think head is pretty stable at this moment now that we've fixed the
last rash of nightly test failures.  The tinderbox runs are really all
I have to base that on:  the jazz failures are due to some compile
errors in the MPICH2 nightly snapshot I used.

I'd love to add some more tests to our nightlies: do you have some
test cases I can add to the nightlies? or are the bugs you've found
in the past too closely tied to your work?

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B