Hi RobL,
I see. so it is the same behavior as before. Just more explicit probably now..
thanks,
Murali

On 11/9/06, Robert Latham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 10:30:27AM -0800, Murali Vilayannur wrote:
> Oh really. So how do we know if there were any leaked objects
> remaining then?  We still have those cases btw. Since I added the
> cleanup code to free all the heap objects, we don't panic nowadays
> but it is a bug nonetheless.  There is something wrong with either
> the vfs or our contract with vfs since it does not seem to release
> references on some objects.. weird.

Hm. Good question.  The comments about the patch suggest that you find
out because the kernel will BUG on any leaked objects (?)

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/25/350
http://www.gatago.com/linux/kernel/27892373.html

==rob

--