I have some questions about the TroveMethod parameter.

It looks like it can be specified either in the <Defaults> section or the <StorageHints> section. I added some gossip prints to Trove's initialize() and collection_lookup() functions to see what these correspond to:

- TroveMethod in <Defaults> toggles the value passed to initialize()
- TroveMethod in <StorageHints> toggles the value passed to collection_lookup()

Both of these default to "dbpf" if not specified in the configuration file.

Is the collection_lookup() value (and therefore the <StorageHints> section of the config file) the one that actually impacts I/O in the server? I am assuming so, because you may have multiple collections and it makes sense to be able to specify a different method for each one.

The pvfs2-genconfig utility places TroveMethod option in the <Defaults> section. Is this intentional? For example, if someone edited a configuration file created by genconfig, they might try to change the value of TroveMethod from "dbpf" to "alt-aio". However, it doesn't look like this would have any real impact. It would change the parameter to trove's initialize() function, but the collection_lookup() would still default to the dbpf method.

-Phil