Hi Folks
Have any of you guys looked at Hadoop and HDFS?
Hadoop is a distributed computing infrastructure with special
map&reduce constructs similar to what Google proposed in OSDI04.
HDFS is their backend cluster file system.

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/HadoopPresentations/attachments/HDFSDescription.pdf
Question that I have is how many HPC apps can be rewritten using the
M&R programming model and whether it makes sense to integrate with the
Hadoop API to get a larger sample space of apps that can run well on
pvfs2 other than MPI based ones.?
Any thoughts?
If I recall, Avery or RobR  had already done some research on this
aspect.. or maybe I
heard from someone else..? Anyhow, it would be good to know from
someone who know
more about this.
thanks,
Murali