I think something has changed since 2.7.0 that causes some trouble for NFS reexporting. If I NFS mount PVFS2 from the 2.7.0 release, things look fine as far as I can tell. If I NFS mount PVFS2 from a current trunk build, I get this behavior:

pcarns-vm linux # cp /etc/hosts /mnt/tmp/foo
cp: cannot create regular file `/mnt/tmp/foo': Stale NFS file handle

pcarns-vm linux # touch /mnt/tmp/testfile.txt
touch: setting times of `/mnt/tmp/testfile.txt': Stale NFS file handle

This shows up in dmesg:

/home/pcarns/working/pvfs2-build/src/kernel/linux-2.6/pvfs2-utils.c line 467: Critical error: Invalid handle despite using iget4/iget5 /home/pcarns/working/pvfs2-build/src/kernel/linux-2.6/pvfs2-utils.c line 467: Critical error: Invalid handle despite using iget4/iget5 /home/pcarns/working/pvfs2-build/src/kernel/linux-2.6/pvfs2-utils.c line 467: Critical error: Invalid handle despite using iget4/iget5

I'll probably poke around at it a little bit, but I wanted to go ahead and record it on the mailing list and see if anyone has suggestions.

-Phil