On Feb 19, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Pete Wyckoff wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:24 -0600:
On Feb 16, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Pete Wyckoff wrote:

If anyone is excited about tracking the latest kernels,

Oh, so very.

pvfs kmod
breaks on 2.6.25-rc1 and later due to this commit.  It's a bit too
deep for me to handle.

More config checks and #ifdefs.  We basically can call our read_inode
directly (which does a getattr to fill in the inode) if its no longer part of the super_operations struct. We were doing this before, but through the actual s_ops->read_inode pointer. Can you try the attached patch? It compiles against the latest tree, but I don't have a machine that I can run
that kernel on at the moment.

Also, I didn't include configure in this patch so you'll have to ./ prepare.

The #ifdefs around the iget4, iget5_locked, etc. code are especially nasty. iget5_locked has been defined in all versions of the 2.6 kernel, so it would be really nice to just whack those #ifdefs if we were to decide not
to support 2.4 kernels in future releases.

Looks so trivial in retrospect, thanks for figuring that out.

I had a bit of fuzz that casued problems with your non-"diff -u"
patch, but it applied fine to CVS head.

It works brilliantly on 2.6.25-rc1.  Let me know if you want me
to do the checkin labor.

Go for it.  Thanks!
-sam

                -- Pete