Hey all,

David and I were using pvfs2-cp and couldn't get it to work. We keep
getting errors of the form "Target file XXX already exists." We tried
switching to HEAD and recreating the storage space but the error is
always the same. For example, the command "pvfs2-cp /usr/lib/libc.a
/pvfs2" gives the error "Target file libc.a already exists."

After stepping through the code with the debugger I've narrowed the
problem down to pvfs2-cp.c:554. On this line the code calls
PVFS_sys_ref_lookup on the destination path. If the lookup succeeds
(returns 0) then it assumes the file already exists and refuses to
copy over it. Is this the correct behavior? In the example command
above the lookup succeeds but the lookup response contains the null
handle.

Not sure what happened here but somewhere along the line the semantics
of PVFS_sys_ref_lookup must have changed. I had pvfs2-cp working just
fine about a month ago.

--Nick