Hi Sam,

My take on your email was that you were combining the two issues, so I wanted to make sure that we were in agreement that the alternative API was preferred (not that I think we should necessarily do anything about it at the moment). I'm glad we are in agreement.

The terms "scheduling" and "priority" are being tossed around here in a way that I don't think is appropriate. The current textcontext does neither prioritization nor scheduling, and neither would the proposed modified API (as described thus far). The current BMI behavior is more like a bug than anything else, although changing the behavior at this point would require some significant regression testing.

The I/O forwarding system probably ought to use the non-blocking PVFS calls so that it can better deal with this scenario anyway, right?

Rob