Hey,

For the CALLBACK option, you would use that to have the individual methods filling in things at the "generic BMI" layer (for lack of the right terminology), but the overall user API would be the same?

I don't think that the CONTEXT option is appropriate. I don't want to expose the specifics of the underlying networks any more than we have already.

There should be relevant research in the MPI space related to the POLL_PLAN option.

Do we consider this to be a problem for both clients and servers, or is it really a server-specific issue? If this is something we think will solely (or mostly) a server thing, we could consider throwing a thread at the issue. One option might be to kick off a thread to wait on the TCP side of things, since the kernel is doing most of the work for us anyway, and put completed TCP events into the completion list asynchronously (for servers only)?

Rob