Sorry for not being clear.

The hardware and software is unchanged.  Runs from a few months ago (on
2.8.0) performed as expected.  Current runs (on both 2.8.0 and 2.8.1) are
slow.

The nodes are sitting there with very low CPU usage even when running the
benchmark.  I'm the only one running any jobs and there aren't any processes
running (the system load is < .02 and the cpu usage is pretty much 0%).

The local disks haven't changed and are empty except for the pvfs2 storage
space; performance is bad even when I put the PVFS2 file system storage onto
a very fast (>300 MB/s local bandwidth) Atrato vlun connected over fiber
channel.

My initial thought is that some hardware along the line died but I can't
seem to pinpoint it.  All of the network interfaces show 0 errors and 0
dropped packets.

- Dave