Hello Everybody:

     I have some questions about the create system interface operation in
the 2.8.1 version of pvfs2.

In the earlier version (pvfs-2.7.1), the state machine:

1.- First create a space for the metafile.

2.- Next, create the datafiles in the indicated servers (following a
distribution).

3.- In the third step create the directory entry.

This steps are posted in the client side, but, searching in the new create
state machine, the creation of the datafiles is not included (on the client
side).

And my questions:

1.- Where is posted the datafiles create request, is on the metadata
servers?

2.- Are the metadata servers who post all the datafiles create requests?

3.- What method do you use for the creations of files in the new version of
pvfs2?

4.- Is there a place where I can analyze the new state machine operation?

5.- And last, is there comunication between servers (i.e. for the create
operation) in the new pvfs2 version?

thanks for your answers,

Erik.