Walt,

Its been about 3 years since I wrote the PVFS code and I havent done any extensive testing to qualitatively pronounce it production worthy.

Sumit Narayan did some further work when he was at ANL during the 2008 summer and wrote a report about his testing at http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~sun03001/docs/pvfs2fuse-rpt.pdf . The basic summary is that FUSE works fine for small accesses but does worse than the PVFS kernel implementation for large accesses (> 128K).

John.