Andrew:

It is possible to use a different distribution (other than simple stripe)
that will take advantage of servers with different space allocations.
However, the code that performs this service hasn't been used in a very
long time.  My co-worker is going to look into it and see if this
distribution is still viable.  I'll get back to you when we know.

Becky

--
Becky Ligon
OrangeFS Support and Development