Ben:

You need several pieces of information to lookup a file information:
 parent directory handle and directory entry handle (which then points to
the metadata handle).  The directory entry handle will give you the name of
a file (or directory) but the metadata handle is what gives you the
attributes of the file/dir.

If you like, I can send you information on how to dump the metadata
databases in ascii format and then grep for the information.  Otherwise,
you might want to write a program that uses the system interface calls to
achieve what you want.

Becky