Peter Burkholder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We recently started using Swikis here to great acclaim.
> I'm expecting swiki use to increase, however, I'm dismayed at the how
> much CPU it chews up on a Linux (2.2.16 kernel) dual 800Mhz Intel SMP server.  I see
>it
> running through 25-40% of CPU even when there's no activity on the site.

Make sure you have the most recent VM you can find.  I think that would
be version 3.2-4 right now.  There have been some issues found with
idling while sockets are open.  (Amazing how long code can just rot,
especially when it's gnarly code that no one wants to look at!  :))

To hearten you, I run a swiki constantly that is at 0% CPU.  It can be
done!

-Lex