The scheme allows you more flexibility when it comes to what to do past
the simple case of surveys. For instance, what kind of pages can get
created from a survey page? Probably, normal pages in that case. It would
be weird if pages created off a survey page were also survey pages. On
the other hand, for something like a poetry section of your website, you
might want all underlying pages to be of type haiku as well.

Peace and Luck!

Je77