If I hit start server without saving (after selecting a port or not) I get the message,

MessageNotUnderstood:setToEnd

I try hitting proceed, but keep getting the same message.

Gavin
 If you just start it, rather than trying to save it, does it work?

Try getting a new VM from:
ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/current_stable/unix-linux

I'm not sure what else to tell you. I've never had this problem and I run
it on linux (Red Hat 9.2 I think) all the time.

Peace and Luck!

Je77

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 03:25:03PM -0600, Gavin Lowry wrote:
> I appreciate you help. No joy, though. I tried the changing access with chmod, but
> got the same error message. The gui window does come up when I drag squeak.image
> into squeak, but when I try to save/exit, I get that error popup.

Jochen "Je77" Rick                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PhD Student                                           http://www.je77.com/
Georgia Tech College of Computing                       work: 404-385-1105