Hi Floris,

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 23:42 +0100, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> One nice feature of the funcarg/setup merge into fixture is that you
> can now return a value from an autoactive fixture and request it
> anywhere else.  I didn't think of this before but this is surprisingly
> useful as it provides a great alternative to storing things on e.g.
> session or item objects.

Yes, i think so too.

> However one issue I discovered is that is possible for a user to
> accidentally override an autoactive fixture.  If you create a fixture
> with an identical name to the autoactive one it will be lost.  I think
> this can be problematical for plugins.

Hum, indeed, we have a global namespace for fixtures and unintentionally
shadowing plugin from project specific fixtures is easy.

> What do you think the correct behaviour should be?  I realise changing
> this could be hard/ugly.

Not sure it's hard. first we need an idea what to do :)

Hum. We could error out on the definition of fixtures if they already exist -
unless a flag aka "i know what i am doing" (e.g. override=True) is supplied.

cheers,
holger