--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 223: pytest fails collecting on py25 with "import file mismatch" -
HINT: remove __pycache__ / .pyc files and/or use a unique basename for your
test file modules
https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/pytest/issue/223/pytest-fails-collecting-on-py25-with

Sorin Sbarnea:

I use tox + pytest to test my python module but pytest fails to run on
python2.5 giving something like:

```
#!python
import file mismatch:
imported module 'tendo.ansiterm' has this __file__ attribute:

/Users/sorins/dev/py/tendo/.tox/py25/lib/python2.5/site-packages/tendo/ansiterm.py
which is not the same as the test file we want to collect:
  /Users/sorins/dev/py/tendo/tendo/ansiterm.py
HINT: remove __pycache__ / .pyc files and/or use a unique basename for your
test file modules
```

Please take a look at https://github.com/pycontribs/tendo

I am running the tests with the `test` shell script from the repository root.
Everything goes well for python 2.6 and 2.7 but for 2.5 pytest complains about
this.

I know that others had similar problems when they included the tests in the
libraries but this should be possible, especially for small modules.

following the issue.