On 12/17/2012 02:18 AM, holger krekel wrote:
> evil.  If it would be some arbitrary project promoting this strange
> __init__.py file practice i'd be inclined to say "fix it".  If a project
> like Django really promotes this, then i guess we have to deal with it :/

FWIW, Django does not (any longer) promote this silliness. Django 1.4+
handles sys.path sensibly, and a 1.3 project can easily be upgraded to
the 1.4-style layout:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.4/#updated-default-project-layout-and-manage-py

So I don't think there's any need for pytest to handle this, people
should just be pointed to that section in the docs and recommended to
update their project.

Carl