I have set up jabberd14 and the pyirct on a Debian machine. When I try
to join a channel via the transport, the following shows up in the
jabberd log (I have obfuscated the hostname as it is a private server;
the hostname is valid):

[notice] (my.jabber.server): got presence from
'apeiron@my.jabber.server/kensho' for non-existant user

Here is my pyirct config:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<pyirct>
    <jid>irc@my.jabber.server</jid>
    <host>my.jabber.server</host>
    <spoolFile>ircuser.dbm</spoolFile>
    <pid>PyIRCt.pid</pid>
    <mainServer>127.0.0.1</mainServer>
    <mainServerJID>my.jabber.server</mainServerJID>
    <port>5347</port>
    <secret>ELIDED</secret>
    <allowRegister/>
    <activityMessages/>
    <dumpProtocol/>
</pyirct>

And here's the relevant bit from the jabberd.xml:

<service id="irc.my.jabber.server">
  <accept>
    <ip>127.0.0.1</ip>
    <port>5347</port>
    <secret>ELIDED</secret>
  </accept>
</service>

The server is able to federate with other Jabber servers, so I think we
have the SRV records and that side of things working. If there is any
further information I can provide to troubleshoot this issue, I would be
glad to do so. Thank you!

--
Chris Nehren           | Coder, Sysadmin, Masochist
Shadowcat Systems Ltd. | http://shadowcat.co.uk/