Hi,

I have written a PyCuda based simulation code that successfully executes
when run normally with Python. I need to distribute this code to my
colleagues - owing to the large number of package dependencies and potential
unfamiliarity with Python I have been attempting to package the code using
Py2Exe.

Execution of the code via the Py2Exe-generated executable leads to a launch
timeout when the code attempts to run the CUDA kernel.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "gui.pyc", line 236, in simulate

 File "controller.pyc", line 131, in simulate

 File "pycuda\driver.pyc", line 169, in function_call

pycuda._driver.LaunchError: cuCtxSynchronize failed: launch timeout

During the attempted launch the graphics output of the machine is frozen.
Note that the code successfully communicates with the card via CUDA prior to
launching the kernel (transferring various constants/textures).

Can anyone offer any advice as to how to fix this problem, or, indeed, how
to debug it!?

Regards,

Sam.

--