Hello,

I used the binary installer to install pycuda on Windows 7. Everything was
fine, I could import all the modules, etc. BUT, when I tried the pycuda
example, specifically compiler, it raised RuntimeError "Could not find PyCUDA's
C header files". So I went to compiler.py, modified it so that it returns only
the correct path to the headers (I.e. I removed the linux2 condition). But then
I get a bunch of other errors.

======
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#9>", line 1, in <module>
    a_d = (2*a_gpu).get()
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\gpuarray.py", line 279, in
__rmul__
    return self._axpbz(scalar, 0, result)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\gpuarray.py", line 160, in
_axpbz
    func = elementwise.get_axpbz_kernel(self.dtype)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\tools.py", line 484, in
context_dependent_memoize
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\elementwise.py", line 323,
in get_axpbz_kernel
    "axpb")
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\elementwise.py", line 99,
in get_elwise_kernel
    arguments, operation, name, keep, options, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\elementwise.py", line 85,
in get_elwise_kernel_and_types
    keep, options, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\elementwise.py", line 74,
in get_elwise_module
    options=options, keep=keep)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\compiler.py", line 228, in
__init__
    arch, code, cache_dir, include_dirs)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\compiler.py", line 218, in
compile
    return compile_plain(source, options, keep, nvcc, cache_dir)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pycuda\compiler.py", line 89, in
compile_plain
    result, stdout, stderr = call_capture_output(cmdline, cwd=file_dir)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pytools\prefork.py", line 196, in
call_capture_output
    return forker[0].call_capture_output(cmdline, cwd)
  File "C:\Enthought Python\lib\site-packages\pytools\prefork.py", line 53, in
call_capture_output
    % ( " ".join(cmdline), e))
ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --cubin -arch sm_11 -IC:\Enthought
Python\include\pycuda kernel.cu': status -1 invoking 'nvcc --cubin -arch sm_11
-IC:\Enthought Python\include\pycuda kernel.cu': nvcc fatal   : nvcc cannot
find a supported cl version. Only MSVC 8.0 and MSVC 9.0 are supported
=======

For the last one, I guess I should use VS2008 instead of 2010.

I also get the error 'Keyword: 'Home'' when trying to run demo.py or
hello_gpu.py. But I read somewhere this is a setuptools problem, I will try
distribute instead.

I'm using Enthought Python distribution. Looking to try Python(x,y) if I still
got stuck on this thing.

Thanks for reading.
futurus