Does anyone here successfully run Win XP with a GTX 480 (or 470) with
CUDA 3.0/3.1?

I upgraded from a 9800GT to the GTX 480 last week (with a whole new
machine) and the new machine is very unstable, I'm trying to identify
whether it is a hardware issue or the relatively recent drivers from
Nvidia. On Friday it hung twice, yesterday it hung 12 times.

By 'hung' I mean that if I run the CUDA test programs (from the SDK)
then when the program starts - about 1 start in 5 - it'll cause the
machine to hang. With pyCUDA it seems to occur more frequently (but
maybe this is due to chance) - it happens for test programs (e.g.
dump_properties.py, test_gpuarray.py) and my mandelbrot.py demo - all
programs seem to cause the crash (but only when the program first
starts, if it runs ok then it'll keep running fine).

I'm hunting around on the web but I'm not finding any similar
problems. This occurs with the latest NVidia drivers (257.21) and CUDA
3.0, also with CUDA 3.1 (in fact the machine seems less stable with
CUDA 3.1 - I'm about to downgrade to confirm this).

Has anyone seen these kind of symptons before?

Cheers,
Ian.

--
Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher, screencaster)
i...@ianozsvald.com

http://IanOzsvald.com
http://morconsulting.com/
http://TheScreencastingHandbook.com