Hi Fabrizio,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Fabrizio Milo aka misto
<mistob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> try to do
>
> import pycuda.driver

Using a 64-bit python and pycuda built with x86_64 flags and CUDA 3.1
(which are supposedly 32 and 64-bit 'universal'), I get no errors when
importing pycuda.driver.

Any other suggestions?

> if it fails with some message saying that the python interpreter is
> not of a compatible version try set the
> python version to 32bit only with
>
> defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes

I have both 32-bit (EPD) and 64-bit (MacPorts) python distributions.
32-bit python with pycuda works fine. I would like the 64-bit version
to work as well as all my extensions and other programs are 64-bit. I
have had trouble recompiling the other stuff as 32-bit on Snow
Leopard. So I rarely use pycuda on Snow Leopard because of it. Only on
Linux.

I thought with CUDA 3.1, I would be finally able to use a 64-bit CUDA
with pycuda on Snow Leopard, but maybe it is not so easy.

Thanks,
Paul.