Hey PyCuda Gang-

Doing a clean install of 0.94rc after a previously working 0.93, i.e.
wiped out all Pycuda site-packages in python 2.6 directory prior to
new install.  'make' raises errors related to not being able to find
the boost headers, i.e. '/usr/include/boost /boost/  python .hpp'.  My
siteconf.py file indicates BOOST_INC_DIR = ['/usr/include/boost'] same
as before and posted previously to this list, changed gcc42 to gcc44
in BOOST_COMPILER and that is it for changes.  setup.py file indicates
it attaches a subpath like so :

# BOOST_INC_DIR/boost/python.hpp
   if 'BOOST_INC_DIR' in sc_vars:
       verify_path (
           description="Boost headers",
           paths=sc_vars['BOOST_INC_DIR'],
           subpaths=['/boost/'],
           names=['python'],
           extensions=['.hpp']
           );

but I can't seem to find where the additional '/boost/' label is being
attached if at all as indicated in the error message when the setup.py path
 search executes.  And my boost library is one level up
 @ '/usr/include/boost/python.hpp'. Tried removing the subpath line
 completely then error repeats but with '/usr/include/python.hpp'
 suggesting path is not being modified further.

Running on F12 with boost1.39.0, cuda 3.1, gcc4.4.4.  TIA, Vince.

--
Vince Fulco, CFA, CAIA
612.424.5477 (universal)

 A posse ad esse non valet consequentia

“the possibility does not necessarily lead to materialization”