As some of you may already noticed, Debian contains PyOpenCL
packages, called python-pyopencl. As NVIDIA is currently the only
provider of OpenCL implementation in Debian, packages are compiled
using this version of library. This also means that packages are not
in "main" but in "contrib" part of repository.
Some details (not much more):
http://wiki.tiker.net/PyOpenCL/Installation/Linux/Debian

PyOpenCL was also accepted into next version of Ubuntu,
Maverick Meerkat 10.10. As they were taken from Debian,
notes from above apply. For current Ubuntu version (Lycid
Lynx 10.04 LTS) there is PPA that contains python-pyopencl
compiled for Ubuntu 10.04:
https://launchpad.net/~fajran/+archive/opencl
Details: http://wiki.tiker.net/PyOpenCL/Installation/Linux/Ubuntu

As for PyCUDA I do not have good news. Debian has been frozen and
new packages are not accepted. Debian still does not contain CUDA
toolkit and has old version of NVIDIA drivers (195.x). Problems
with upgrade of drivers caused inability to import CUDA toolkit.
I will try to use PPA as repository for PyCUDA but will have to wait
and see what is situation with drivers. It looks like developers
were busy at DebConf and were not able to polish toolkit in time.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860