Hi All -
I recently upgraded to CUDA 3.2 RC, and pulled PyCUDA from git, on my Mac OS X
installation (running a 32 bit Python 2.6).
For some reason, trying to create a GPUArray, using
pycuda.tools.DeviceMemoryPool.allocate as the allocator, causes an error.
Creating the same GPUArray, using the default allocator, seems to work fine.
Before upgrading CUDA and PyCUDA, creating GPUArrays with the memory pool
worked for me.

I've attached a minimal program with this problem.  Has anyone else seen this
error?

- bryan

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "invalid_context.py", line 10, in <module>
    failure = pycuda.gpuarray.GPUArray((10,), numpy.int32, allocator.allocate)
  File
"/Users/catanzar/work/pycuda/build/lib.macosx-10.6-i386-2.6/pycuda/gpuarray.py",
 line 81, in __init__
    self.gpudata = self.allocator(self.size * self.dtype.itemsize)
pycuda._driver.LogicError: cuMemAlloc failed: invalid context

import pycuda
import pycuda.tools
import pycuda.gpuarray
import pycuda.autoinit
import numpy

success = pycuda.gpuarray.GPUArray((10,), numpy.int32)

allocator = pycuda.tools.DeviceMemoryPool()
failure = pycuda.gpuarray.GPUArray((10,), numpy.int32, allocator.allocate)