Just as a confirmation, I'm back at the office (after a month away)
and I've updated to:
* latest pyCUDA (0.94.2)
* NVIDIA Win XP 32bit driver 260.89 WHQL final release
* CUDA 3.2RC 32 bit (september 2010)
* on Win XP, 32 bit
and I'm using a new EVGA GTX 480 (a replacement for my last unit which
developed memory errors).

Installation/building worked first time, test_cumath, test_driver,
test_gpuarray run with no errors.

Cheers,
Ian.

On 16 October 2010 22:01, Andreas Kloeckner <li...@informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> Hi Tomasz, all,
>
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:27:36 +0200, Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> wrote:
>> Can anyone with Fermi (GTX 460, 470, 480 - are there other Fermi cards?)
>> tell whether attached patch solves problems with GPUArray on Fermi?
>> There has been discussion here on this list (started on 2010-09-27
>> by jmcarval) about problems with GPUArray. In summary,
>> test/test_gpuarray.py failed four times on Fermi.
>>
>> I have send this patch to mailing list on 2010-10-01, but got no
>> reply whether it works or not.
>
> Sorry for taking a while to reply to stuff recently. I am in the process
> of getting settled into a new job and every once in a while, work
> (especially teaching) is a bit much at the moment. When that happens, I
> disappear for a little while. This will likely also happen in the
> future, but don't worry, I'm around, and once the workload drops a bit,
> I come back. :)
>
> Next, thank you very much for the careful analysis you've done on this
> bug. Especially given what I've said above, this was super-helpful and
> much appreciated.
>
> Julien Cornebise had previously given me access to one machine where the
> issue was reproducible (Thanks, Julien!), and just now I verified that
> a) the problem was still present before I applied your patch and b) that
> your patch seems to fix the issue. (Both Joao's simple example and the
> test suite.) This leads me to believe that the Fermi reduction mystery
> should be solved. Thanks very much for making this happen, Tomasz!
>
> The fix is already in git, and I've also released 0.94.2 to make sure
> that as many people as possible get the fixed code.
>
>> I would like to know if it works to know how to proceed with
>> PyCUDA packaging for Debian. CUDA toolkit is waiting to be
>> included, and as soon as it is accepted into Debian I intend
>> to ask for sponsorship for PyCUDA packages.
>> I am not sure, however, if I should leave PyCUDA as is (and
>> risk filling bugs by with Fermi GPUs) or to apply untested
>> patch, and risk that it does not work fully/has some side effects.
>
> I hope the above solves your packaging dilemma, too.
>
> Andreas

Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher, screencaster)
i...@ianozsvald.com

http://IanOzsvald.com
http://MorConsulting.com/
http://blog.AICookbook.com/