Christoph:

As far as I understand it, Vampir is a trace-based profiling technique, whereas TAU is not. Also, I think there are licensing differences between the two. I think one needs to buy a Vampir license for this to work.

Thanks!

On 12/9/2010 12:00 PM, pycuda-requ...@tiker.net wrote:

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:18:40 +0100
From: Christoph Statz<christoph.st...@mailbox.tu-dresden.de>
To: pycuda@tiker.net
Subject: Re: [PyCUDA] Using TAU to profile CUDA

Hi;

Same thing with vampirtrace:
http://tu-dresden.de/die_tu_dresden/zentrale_einrichtungen/zih/forschung/software_werkzeuge_zur_unterstuetzung_von_programmierung_und_optimierung/vampirtrace/index_html/document_view?set_language=en

It can be used to trace CUDA CallTree/Communication and Performance.
Unfortunately a VT-instrumented pycuda triggers "CUDA Errors".

Basically tau instrumentation may be used with vampirtrace, so it might
be a starting point in getting this working.

Has there already been effort on this topic?

Sincerely,
Christoph