On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:20:39 +0100, Magnus Paulsson <paulsso...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The visual profiler shows overlaping mem-copies and execution for the
> Working.py. You are probably staring at your computer so if you are in
> doubt, try it :D
>
> (and this was one of my original questions ... how do you profile the
> code if the profiler is obviously broken?)

Wrt the profiler--I guess then the best answer I can provide is "I don't
know". What I'd do is run the thing in a loop (the first run through a
set of kernels on CUDA often (and inexplicably) results in weird
timings) and see which is faster. I'm guessing I wouldn't rely too much
on the profiler.

HTH,
Andreas