Hello Andreas,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Andreas Kloeckner
<li...@informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> Ok, we should introduce a warning when to_gpu'ing arrays that are not in C
> order. And probably also add a function gpuarray.i_know_about_strides() to
> turn that warning off.

Yep, that'll work too.

> In addition, I guess it's an issue that ElementwiseKernel happily copies
> between arrays with different strides. I guess we could warn about that,
> too, although it's a bit harder to tell where legitimate use ends and abuse
> starts.

I think it's not ElementwiseKernel's fault. I could as well pass
proper strides to it (as additional parameters) and perform a normal
copy - the kernel has no way of determining whether I am aware about
strides or not.

> Can you make a patch for this?

Not right now, unfortunately, perhaps at the weekends.

Best regards,
Bogdan