On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:00:05 +0200 (CEST), "nicola.zaur...@virgilio.it"
<nicola.zaur...@virgilio.it> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/mixed
Non-text part: multipart/alternative
>  Hi everyone,I'm a student who is searching for the right way to install
> pycuda on his Laptop.I've tried to install pycuda following the instructions
> posted here: http://wiki.tiker.net/PyCuda/Installation/WindowsI have Windows
> 7 64 bit with a Nvidia GeForce 9600m GT.When I start Idle in Python 2.7 and I
> try to run the following code:
> >>import pycuda.driver it shows :
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):  File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in <module>
>  import pycuda.driver  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pycuda\driver.py",
> line 2, in <module>    from pycuda._driver import *ImportError: DLL load
> failed: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.>>>
> or if I try to run:
> import pycuda.autoinit
> it shows:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#6>", line 1, in
> <module> import pycuda.autoinit File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pycuda\autoinit.py", line 1, in
> <module> import pycuda.driver as cuda File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pycuda\driver.py", line 2, in <module>
> from pycuda._driver import *ImportError: DLL load failed: Impossibile
> trovare il modulo specificato.

A few additions to Tomasz's comments:

>>> import pycuda
>>> pycuda.__file__

should tell you what the location of your installed PyCUDA files is.

Then you can go look for a file _driver.pyd or _driver.dll in there and
use a tool called Dependency Walker to analyze what DLLs that depends on
and why they're not being found.

HTH,
Andreas