On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 00:37:36 +1300, Igor <rych...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Andreas Kloeckner
> <li...@informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> > For now, PyCUDA is kernel-only.
> >
> > How about this here?
> > http://documen.tician.de/pycuda/array.html#pycuda.gpuarray.max
> >
> I need the position as well as the maximum value, pycuda.gpuarray.max
> returns max value only?

That's reasonably straightforward to build yourself, but is missing one
small piece (custom dtype registration, so that the code generator knows
what C type to write when you give it a homegrown dtype) in PyCUDA. The
idea would be to write your own reducer that operates on structs
containing both item and position.

You can either patch that into PyCUDA yourself, or wait for me to do
it--I should have time to do that by early next week.

Andreas