If I do not call pycuda.autoinit, I get this error:

LogicError: explicit_context_dependent failed: invalid context - no
currently active context?

If I try to manually init the driver like show in the doc like this:

import pycuda.driver as cuda
cuda.init() #init pycuda driver
current_dev = cuda.Device(device_nr) #device we are working on
ctx = current_dev.make_context() #make a working context
ctx.push() #let context make the lead

I get this error:

LogicError: cuCtxCreate failed: invalid device

I'm triing to force to always initialize pycuda gpu first. I can do it
, but it is not easy. So if someone remember how or can find where we
explained how to tell pycuda to reuse the current open context, it
would be great.

thanks

Fred