Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a bit of pycuda that for image processing. Today I have run
into an interesting issues, when I run a high number of iterations of my
code, I end up getting an error executing one of my Elementwise kernels. It
is not always the same one and can happen at slightly different iterations.
(these are extraordinarily simple kernels, nothing complicated)

Error:
pytools.prefork.ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --preprocess -arch sm_35
-I/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pycuda-2013.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/pycuda/cuda
/tmp/tmplAgMsh.cu --compiler-options -P': [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

This error is not directly in the pycuda codebase, but happens in
pycuda/compiler.py in the preprocess_source function when it calls out to
pytools/prefork.py

see stack trace: http://pastebin.com/WQUFeTSG

At this point in time I am neither out of memory on the Host(10GB+ free)
nor on the Device(3GB+ free). I have the feeling this may have something to
do with stack size or open file-descriptors.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Matthias

--
Matthias Lee
IDIES/Johns Hopkins University

matthias.a....@gmail.com
matthias...@jhu.edu
(320) 496 6293

To know recursion, you must first know recursion.