Hi again,

As an update for anyone not following python-ideas or
numpy-discussion: Guido has accepted the addition of @ as a matrix
multiplication operator in principle, once some details are worked
out:
    https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2014-March/027109.html

So if you have any feedback you've been sitting on, now is a good time
to speak up :-). The current PEP draft can be seen here:
    http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0465/

I've also started threads on numpy-discussion specifically about the
details to be worked out, in case anyone wants to comment:

Precedence/associativity of @:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2014-March/069444.html

Do we care about @@:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2014-March/069448.html

I believe that if you aren't subscribed to numpy-discussion, then you
can still post through gmane (though unfortunately their anti-spam
munging of the @ character makes these threads kind of hard to read!):
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general

Or worst case, just send me an email directly, and I'll collate.

Cheers,
-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith