Hey Andreas,
I am having a similar issue that Kambiz Tavabi was having. Here is the error
(I have pycuda on anaconda2 just like Kambiz)

 File "main_class.py", line 17, in <module>
    import pycuda.gl as cuda_gl
 File
"/home/uchytilc/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda-2016.1.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/pycuda/gl/__init__.py",
line 2, in <module>
    import pycuda._driver as _drv
ImportError:
/home/uchytilc/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pycuda-2016.1.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/pycuda/_driver.so:
undefined symbol: _ZNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEED1Ev

The weird thing is that I have some files that are having this problem and
some that are not, with identical import statements.

import sys

from OpenGL.GL import *
from OpenGL.GLUT import *
from OpenGL.GLU import *
from OpenGL.GL.ARB.vertex_buffer_object import *
from OpenGL.GL.ARB.pixel_buffer_object import *

import pycuda.gl as cuda_gl
import pycuda.driver as cuda_driver

The files that are experiencing this issue are all files that run this
import statement right at the top in the main.py file, the one I initialize
from. The one that doesn't hit this error has the import statements in a
second file that is being imported with an __init__.py file. Not sure if
this is pure coincidence or not but I figured it was worth bringing up.