Tomasz,

half a year ago there was one person who came to #radeon on Freenode and
talked about open source radeon driver stack almost working on ppc64 (I
have no information whether the bugs have been addressed since, but I would
presume they have). Would it be possible to provide ppc64 package for
PyOpenCL as well?

Thanks,
Vedran

sub, 11. velj 2017. u 23:10 Andreas Kloeckner <li...@informa.tiker.net>
napisao je:

> Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.ry...@post.pl> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 22:46 -0600, Andreas Kloeckner wrote:
> > [ cut ]
> >> At the same time I have a question for you Andreas. There will be
> >>
> >> I'll do a 2016.2.1 mid-December.
> >>

> > Quick update.
> >
> > PyOpenCL from 2016-11-30 (commit
> > 19015994653dffe2ee407271e19a46e1d6a62796) is in Debian testing,
> > for architectures amd64, arm64, armhf, i386, and amd64 and i386
> > for kFreeBSD. There is no release-critical errors against it
> > which means that this version of PyOpenCL should be in Debian Stretch.
> >
> > As for PyCUDA, the version in Debian is from 2016-10-24,
> > commit 50457813cfe3eb359a230c4e1e546ccdef9947f8.
> > It's only available for amd64. I tried to build package
> > for ppc64el, but wasn't able to properly configure cross-compiler.
> >
> > As Debian is in deep freeze now, I won't upload new versions
> > of packages Stretch release. Using this time I'll try to
> > make ppc64el PyCUDA - but it's not something I'll focus on entirely.
> >
> > If you have questions or suggestions regarding packages,
> > please let me know.
>
> That sounds great. Thank you for continuing to do an excellent job
> maintaining PyOpenCL and PyCUDA in Debian!
>
> Andreas

Vedran Miletić
vedran.miletic.net