"Gutenkunst, Ryan N - (rgutenk)" <rgut...@arizona.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I need to access the tridiagonal solving routines gtsv2StridedBatch
> and gtsvInterleavedBatch from the cuSPARSE library in a Python/C
> program. Is there a way to access/link to the cuSPARSE library using
> PyCUDA?
>
> For background, I’m hoping to port a Python (with inner loops in C)
> application to leverage GPU computing. The most intensive part of the
> computation is solving tridiagonal systems, so I was excited to see
> that the standard cuSPARSE library includes routines for this. But I’m
> struggling to see how to access cuSPARSE using any of the existing
> Python to CUDA interfaces. For PyCUDA, I couldn’t find a similar
> example in the documentation. Pyculib has bindings for an older
> version of cuSPARSE, but it’s not maintained and I couldn’t get it
> installed easily:
> https://pyculib.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cusparse.html. CuPy seems to
> support only a very small fraction of cuSPARSE:
> https://docs-cupy.chainer.org/en/stable/reference/sparse.html .

There's scikit.cuda, which offers access to cuSOLVER, which bills itself
as "the CUDA sparse matix library."

https://scikit-cuda.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

There's also discussion going on about adapting PyCUDA to Nvidia's
"primary context" notion for easier interoperability with the runtime API.

Hope that helps,
Andreas