On 4/11/07, Tom Denniston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've been using pydev now for a few weeks and am extremely happy with
the environment.  It's really come a long way since I tried it over a
year and a half ago.

I have a question about code completion, however:

Has anyone used numpy or matplotlib with pydev?  I find that when I
try to tab complete on numpy or pylab modules pydev hangs for 10 or 15
seconds.  I assume it is loading something that takes some time.  The
python libraries however are instant.  I was wondering if there is
something about numpy or matplotlib that is not pydev friendly or if
there is something I can do, like precompiling some kind of interface
summary file to make it fast.  I see a template section in the pydev
code completion section of preferences but I don't know if that is the
answer to my problems.

Currently you can:
1. try raising the number of chars for deep analysis (at window >
preferences > pydev > code-completion)
2. add numpy/matplotlib to the forced builtins

If that doesn't solve it, please report back again.

Cheers,

Fabio