The following forum message was posted by  at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/3819274:

I've had the same problem many times. What I usually do is to "REVERT" the
system
settings, i.e. set it back to a previous state. Here's how its done:
1) Select Help> About Eclipse...
2) From the "About Eclipse" dialog box, press "Installation Details" button
3) Select the "Installation History" tab
4) Select one of the previous configurations from the list and press "Revert".

It doesn't ALWAYS work though, and I don't know why this is so. :(

Hope this can be of any help next time if it ever happens again (hopefully
not)...
:)